El Capitan Beta

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
physwizz

El Capitan Beta

Post by physwizz »

I have been using OpenOffice for many years and I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan.
I discovered that spreadsheet crashes after a minute or so and becomes unresponsive.

I sent some feedback to apple but I suspect that will tell me that OpenOffice will need to adapt to the new OS.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.11 Beta
charlie.it
Volunteer

Re: El Capitan Beta

Post by charlie.it »

I installed El Capitan public beta 3 in a partition. I noticed similar problems with Libre Office. I believe and hope that are due to bugs in El Capitan that will be fixed.
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1

http://www.charlieopenoffice.altervista.org
iliad

Post by iliad »

There appears to be a memory leak with OpenOffice running on El Capitan. Earlier it became unresponsive and when running task manager, it was using 60.73 GB (not an error) of memory. It ran fine on the first public beta, I jumped from v1 to v3 Beta a few days ago.
Attachments
60.73 GB of Memory... fun fun.
60.73 GB of Memory... fun fun.
OSX El Capitan, Open Office 4.1.1, 4.0.0
iliad

Post by iliad »

BTW, I downgraded to version 3.4.1 (after trying 4.0.0 etc) and it finally stopped leaking memory. Installing the 4th public beta as I write this so will see what going back to versions 4.x will do.
iliad

Post by iliad »

Official response.. for me, the problem was when Openoffice is trying to recover documents. After upgrading to Beta 4, and playing around, I finally clicked cancel on the recovery process. Running without the recover process, no memory leak.. not sure if anyone actually USES these forums for development fixes, but if so..:)
physwizz

Post by physwizz »

I'm now running my main Mac on Yosemite and running an external HD on Mavericks. I might try El Captain again when I get a new portable HD.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.11 Beta
jsquir

Post by jsquir »

I can open a spreadsheet, edit it, and save it with no problem but as soon as I right-click (say to insert a row) CPU usage goes to 99% and OO freezes. From my searches it appears users of Excel are having the same type of issues with El Capitan. I've also found obvious issues with the IOS Betas. It looks like these most recent Beta versions are closer to Alpha versions than they have been in the past...
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOSos 10.11 El Capitan
mpietro40

Post by mpietro40 »

Same issue, the problem is present also with Libre Office, I got the same error (CPU over 100%) and memory leak (killed process after 4GB used)

I've also tried to stop doc restore but in calc if you try to add a new row the application stop working.
OpenOffice4.x on MacOS 10.11
robertpfrench

Post by robertpfrench »

I want to upgrade to El Capitan but am concerned whether this problem still exists. I have ugraded OpenOffice to 4.1.2. Will I still have the memory leak problem?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 MacOS 10.10.5
charlie.it
Volunteer

Post by charlie.it »

There is a bug: Base does not work with 4.1.2 version.
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1

http://www.charlieopenoffice.altervista.org