[Issue] Saving files in Open Office 3.0 beta 2

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
don4sail@gmail.com

[Issue] Saving files in Open Office 3.0 beta 2

Post by don4sail@gmail.com »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 3.0 Beta 2
What Operating System (version) are you using? OS X Leopard
What is your question or comment? I have been using Neo-Office on my iMac for some time and today downloaded the Open Office 3.0 beta 2 version. I am not allowed to save a file in Writer. I can bet the file from my Document file and work on it but I cannot save it; a dialog box tells me I have no user permission. Help---- and thank you.

Don Rock
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Issue (link to a bug report).
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Saving files in Open Office 3.0 beta 2

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It seems this is a common Vista issue, and non-OOo specific. A little bit of Googling will return more hits than you can shake a stick (or your mouse) at.

Windows Vista Read-Only

If this has answered your question, please go to your first post and use the edit button, then add [Solved] as the first word of the title.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
don4sail@gmail.com

Post by don4sail@gmail.com »

Thanks for the response but unfortunately this is not a Vista issue; it has nothing to do with Windows but only with OO 3.0 Beta 2 on an iMac with Leopard. The program installed easily and runs well, does spellcheck and makes corrections but does not allow one to save.

Don Rock
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Perhaps a new bug introduced in that version. You should report it: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Dabbler

Post by Dabbler »

I too am having a problem saving files with Beta 2. It seems to be related to how the target system is mounted. I noticed someone else had problems saving to a CIF mounted system using a Mac OS.

In my case I'm running Fedora 8. I can save just fine to a native file. However, Beta 2 will not save to a mounted "Bestcrypt" file system. It gives me a "permission" error. I can save just fine with any other application, so it is not a permission error. OpenOffice 2.3 saves successfully to the "Bestcrypt" mount. Beta 2 insists that the file system is read-only and opens the files that way.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 8
wurzel
Volunteer

Post by wurzel »

don4sail@gmail.com wrote:I am not allowed to save a file in Writer. I can bet the file from my Document file and work on it but I cannot save it; a dialog box tells me I have no user permission.
Hi Don,
I assume you can still load, modify and save the changes to the very same file in NeoOffice ?

In which folder did you install the beta 2 ?

Alex
Dabbler

Post by Dabbler »

The new 3.0 RC1 release has the same problem. I've posted bug # 93688 http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=93688
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 8
Dabbler

Re: [Issue] Saving files in Open Office 3.0 beta 2

Post by Dabbler »

This problem still exists in RC2.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 8
Dabbler

Re: [Issue] Saving files in Open Office 3.0 beta 2

Post by Dabbler »

The problem still exists in RC4. I've yet to try the final 3.0 release.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 8