Keyboard shortcuts in 3.0

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Spelley

Keyboard shortcuts in 3.0

Post by Spelley »

I hope to use OpenOffice in both MacOS X and Linux (Ubuntu) environments. I depend on shortcut keys to manage my custom styles. Unfortunately, the shortcut keys are not interchangeable between the two environments. For instance, in Linux I must use the CTRL key with another key as a shortcut, whereas in MAC I must use the APPLE key with another key in its place. It is absolutely maddening, if not impossible, to try to bounce between the platforms. This limits OpenOffice's ability to become truly cross-platform.

SOLUTION: Keep the current defaults as is (which work within the default parameters of each operating system). But please add shortcut key options for the WINDOWS key (in Linux and Windows) and/or the CTRL key (for OSX), so that a user such as myself can use OpenOffice seamlessly between different environments. This is the only incongruity I have noticed thus far.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this post.
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x + MAC OS X
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in 3.0

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try a search of Bugs and Issues. That is the right place to post this. It probably has come up before, but I expect that you can appreciate it may not be possible to maintain complete compatibility between different Operating Systems, which each reserve shortcuts for their own purposes.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10