HP OfficeJet J6480 Duplex

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
curtiser

HP OfficeJet J6480 Duplex

Post by curtiser »

I have a HP OfficeJet J6480 with duplex printing capability. The duplex printing works fine in several programs. However, in OpenOffice 2.4.1, it does not recognize the printer has having duplex capability even though the device option list did show it as having a duplex option (installed). Any ideas how this can be fixed? Thank you.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480 Duplex

Post by lgusaas »

curtiser wrote:I have a HP OfficeJet J6480 with duplex printing capability. The duplex printing works fine in several programs. However, in OpenOffice 2.4.1, it does not recognize the printer has having duplex capability even though the device option list did show it as having a duplex option (installed). Any ideas how this can be fixed? Thank you.
OO.o 2.4.1 doesn't use the native Mac printing dialogue yet—this is changed in OO.o 3. A workaround that I used with 2.4 was to save the file that I wanted to print as a PDF file and then print it from Preview or Adobe Reader. I was then able to use the duplex and all other functions of my printer.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
curtiser

Re: HP OfficeJet J6480 Duplex

Post by curtiser »

lgusaas wrote:OO.o 2.4.1 doesn't use the native Mac printing dialogue yet—this is changed in OO.o 3. A workaround that I used with 2.4 was to save the file that I wanted to print as a PDF file and then print it from Preview or Adobe Reader. I was then able to use the duplex and all other functions of my printer.
A sensible workaround. I will keep this in mind. Thank you.