[Solved] Dialog Box Won't Close

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
SuzanneJ

[Solved] Dialog Box Won't Close

Post by SuzanneJ »

Hi; not sure where to post. I installed Open Office and all was fine for a a long time, but then I had a crash (unrelated to OpenOffice) and now I get a dialog box that says "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" No matter which button I press, the dialog box does not close, and I can't use the program. If I log out of my laptop and log in again as a Guest, there is no problem. I log back in as myself, and the box comes back. I reinstalled OpenOffice and the problem is still there. I am lame at technology. Help?
Last edited by thomasjk on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mark thread [Solved] and add green checkmark
version 4.0.1, Mac OSX
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on MacOS 10
FJCC

Re: Dialog Box Won't Close

Post by FJCC »

Please see this thread.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
SuzanneJ

Re: Dialog Box Won't Close

Post by SuzanneJ »

THANK YOU! Problem solved.
version 4.0.1, Mac OSX
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on MacOS 10
John Wayne

Re: [Solved] even faster method

Post by John Wayne »

So by pure accident I found the quick way to solve this issue and save your document that you were working on. Simply close said document through Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete all three keys at once ... for nooobs) and reopen open office. A prompt to restore your document will come up. Just click on cancel and it will actually reboot without the JRE warning.

Cheers!
Open Office 4.1.3 on windows 10
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] even faster method

Post by lgusaas »

John Wayne wrote:So by pure accident I found the quick way to solve this issue and save your document that you were working on. Simply close said document through Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete all three keys at once ... for nooobs) and reopen open office. A prompt to restore your document will come up. Just click on cancel and it will actually reboot without the JRE warning.

Cheers!
??? This thread was about the quit while reopening windows problem. It has nothing to do with JRE.
PS: It is a Mac specific problem. Your signature says you are using MS Windows.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura