[Solved] "Un-closable" "Restore Windows" Message

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jcbarrick

Re: [Solved] "Un-closable" "Restore Windows" Message

Post by jcbarrick »

I'm glad you put me in this thread, because I've found it helpful, but it didn't solve all my problem, by any means. In particular, I've found the clarity of lgusaas's screen shots helpful.
I'm editing 2 spreadsheets. One is back to normal, after I followed lgusaas's directions, for which I am grateful. The other one has much the same problems as before - in particular, I can't insert rows. The only difference I've noticed is that the one that doesn't work is slightly larger, at 70 MB (as opposed to 53 MB for the one that now has started working again).

jcbarrick Mac OS 10.10.4; AOO 4.0.1 (original problem was with AOO 3.4.0)
OpenOffice 3.1 with MacOS 10.10.3
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is nearly impossible to diagnose a problem with a file from a report that this or that is not working. We really need to have actual hands-on of the file, which means it should be uploaded to the Forum or to a filesharing site.
 Edit: It is often worth doing the fix a second time on a recalcitrant file, just in case one made some little mistake the first time (which of us has not?) 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jcbarrick

Post by jcbarrick »

Now both files Work (as long as I'm careful)! I give credit to lgusaas! My computer was apparently just slow in updating the one, which still has some (minor) problems (the reason I said "careful" above), while the other wasn't slow.

Replying to RoryOF of Wed Jun 03,2015 10:41 pm: How do I go about uploading a file? Send as an attachment to an email? Which?

Jim (jcbarrick)
OpenOffice 3.1 with MacOS 10.10.3
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You upload a file to the Forum by using the Upload button which is below the Submit button on PostReply and FullEditor screens.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
clydeA

Post by clydeA »

This problem just occurred. I searched and did as directed, but need to know How to delete the "org.openoffice.script.savedState" folder. Drag it to the trash, or what?

Thanks!

djjimmer@hotmail.com wrote:Iv'e had the OO Apache 3 since it became available & last week I got this little window that appeared saying:

RESTORE WINDOWS
The application “OpenOffice.org” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?
(Button 1 on left says) "Don't restore windows" (Button 2 on right says) Restore Windows

There is no response from the 2010 Macbook Pro (17" Monitor) Notebook computer, when either button is pressed.

I can not close this notification message and it appears as soon as I use O.O.
The program still functions normally as far as I can tell. but this notification window is highly annoying. What is needed to stop this?

Thanks in advance, Jimmer Mackinnon
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Mac OS 10.9
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

clydeA wrote:This problem just occurred. I searched and did as directed, but need to know How to delete the "org.openoffice.script.savedState" folder. Drag it to the trash, or what?
Delete it the same way you delete any other file on a Mac. If you don't know how open Finder, click on Help, than click on Mac Help. Search for delete files.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
clydeA

Post by clydeA »

Interesting. Not knowing any better I dragged the file to Permanent Eraser. Had to do it twice. File gone, OO works as it did before.

I have OO 4.0.1. How does the newer version compare—more or less likely to have hangups with OS 10.9 or OS 10.10?
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Mac OS 10.9
BuzzySmith

Post by BuzzySmith »

Years later, but Thanks!
Worked exactly as described.
Open Office 3.41 with Mac OS 10.11.6