Insert Video into Impress 2.4 for Mac OS X.4

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mh718

Insert Video into Impress 2.4 for Mac OS X.4

Post by mh718 »

Hi. I just installed Open Office hoping to be able to export a better web version of a presentation than PowerPoint does.

At any rate, inside Impress, the slides seem to work fine and all my images showed up, but my videos did not. They are in Quicktime .mov format. Where a video clip used to be, instead there is this text: "Quicktime and a motion jpeg openDML decompressor are needed to see this picture".

Uh, what is that? And how do I get whatever it is?

Also, I tried just re-inserting the video from .mov files and from .avi files. I get "the format of the selected file is not supported"

Can anyone help me to resolve this? I've searched the forum and looked over all the documentation, but could not find an answer.

Thank you.

P.S. Also, why does it open in Writer by default? Is there a way to just open Impress directly?
Hagar Delest

Re: Insert Video into Impress 2.4 for Mac OS X.4

Post by Hagar Delest »

mh718 wrote:P.S. Also, why does it open in Writer by default? Is there a way to just open Impress directly?
Not yet, perhaps in the Aqua build, see related threads in the Mac forum.

As it may be linked to the OS and the available codecs, I move your thread in the Mac forum, I hope you'll have more luck.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kabing
Volunteer

Re: Insert Video into Impress 2.4 for Mac OS X.4

Post by kabing »

If no one is able to point you to an OpenOffice.org solution, you might give NeoOffice a try. NeoOffice is an independent port/fork of OpenOffice.org; the Neo developers recently added support for Quicktime video. (Note that DRM protected files cannot be used, however).

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)