How to convert PDF to word on Mac?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mandly

How to convert PDF to word on Mac?

Post by mandly »

Hi,guys.Is there any one tell me how to convert PDF to word on Mac?
I am a teacher from New York.Recently I have a download some PDF file need to transfer to word as material for my working.As I use Mac OS has been doubly difficult for me,beacuse I am not familiar with mac system.
So any idea helpfully would be appreciated.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
RoryOF

Re: How to convert PDF to word on Mac?

Post by RoryOF »

PDF is designed to be generally unalterable, as is the page of a printed book. If you select text within the pdf file you may be able to copy and paste it to an OpenOffice file, provided the pdf author permits the copying when generating the pdf file. Otherwise you may need to use an OCR program to translate the pdf file, which is a picture of text, back to individual characters.

You should acquire some introductory book on the Mac and on computing.

You have asked substantially the same question three times on this forum (and possibly also on www.oooforum.org - almost identical wording). We are telling you the facts of the matter - repeatedly asking the same question with minor differences won't change these facts.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

Your question has nothing to do with OpenOffice.org.

Try a search using Google for "pdf to word".
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
peterroots
Volunteer

Post by peterroots »

LibreOffice 4.0.3 OpenSUSE 12.3 : OpenOffice 4 Linux Mint 15
kellymartin

Post by kellymartin »

I think that You will need an extra application like Adobe Acrobat. Converting PDF to Word is not so easy (on any OS). I tried this once on a Windows PC, but the result was so bad, that I gave up. I don't know how many documents You have and what You need them for. But sometimes it is just quicker to just copy the text from the PDF and to paste it in a word editor and to edit it there.
Also, you may try this tutorial about http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/How_to_convert_PDF_to_Word_on_Mac. Once they're converted, you can open the files Microsoft Word or a compatible word processor.
Hope it can do you a favor.

Greetings
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: live link disabled.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Andy Ki

Post by Andy Ki »

Except for Word conversions, I needed lots of times to convert my PDFs in files which I could use on my eBook reader, so I started searching and I found a really good conversion tool, http://kitpdf.com/. I recommend it if you need text, mobi or epub files converted from PDF. Cheers.
Last edited by RoryOF on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Live link disabled
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on Windows 8
Wikitila

Post by Wikitila »

You know the PDF format is a very suitable document format to read, but not so perfect for editing. I used Vibosoft Mac PDF to word converter, After http://www.vibosoft.com/ebook/convert-p ... ndows.html, you will be able to change the content in the MS Office Word as you want.

PS: this artilce provides 4 ways to convert PDF to word mac.
Last edited by Wikitila on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Roice59

Post by Roice59 »

like people have said before, pdf is really only for reading that for editing..
but if you are planning on only taking out little bits of text a normal free converter should do the trick (im using pdftoword.pro )
not imagess will be transfered though so dont expect too much
still hope this helps
regars
Last edited by acknak on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: disable live links
Openoffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Fulailee
Banned

Post by Fulailee »

If you've created or received a business document in PDF format and need to repurpose its contents in Microsoft Word, PDF to Word Converter tool can one click to convert PDF to Word document. Besides, with the help of this tool, you can also convert your PDF files into other common format like Excel, PPT, JPG, PNG, Text and so on.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista