[Issue] OOo 3.2: Can't paste clipboard to Base form

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
tous

[Issue] OOo 3.2: Can't paste clipboard to Base form

Post by tous »

In Openoffice 3.2 Base I can't paste anything from the clipboard to a Base form (any text field within a Base form to be precise) anymore - neither by keyboard shortcurt nor by selecting "Patse" in the "Edit"-menu.

Apart from that, copy and paste works within and across other OOo-applications (tried Writer and Calc).

Copying highlighted text from a Base form and pasting it elewhere (e.g. in Writer) also works. Only paste doesn't, no matter where the content of the clipboard has been copied from (another OOo-application, any other application or the same Base form).

It used to work in OOo 3.1.1.

My system:

MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Version 10.5.6
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

To avoid update problems I uninstalled OOo 3.1.1 and manually deleted the OOo user profile before installing 3.2.

I tested on another Mac:

iMac:
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
CPU: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Same problem here - and that machine didn't have any older version of OOo previously installed at all.

I originally encountered the problem with an ODB-file created under 3.0 (worked on newer verions up to 3.1.1 an doesn't have any other problems) that connects to MySQL via jdbc. To make sure it's not a problem with that ODB-file I created simple test database under 3.2 (using HSQLDB, quickly clicked together through the Base wizard): same problem (on both machines).

In OOo Base 3.2 Windows version everything works fine (tested with both files).

I searched forums for a while, found a few posts about various clipboard problems under Mac OSX (mostly related to older versions of OOo) but nothing of any help for me.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or even a solution? Or at least any kind of hint ... ?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged the thread as issue (link to a bug report).
OpenOffice 3.2 on MacOS 10.5
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: OOo 3.2: Can't paste to Base form

Post by lgusaas »

I tested and can't paste into Base form either. I'd suggest filing a bug report. See "[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions"
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 74&t=13490

After filing report, post the report number here and I will vote for the issue.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
tous

Re: OOo 3.2: Can't paste to Base form

Post by tous »

There you go:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=111775

Thanks for testing & confirming this issue!
OpenOffice 3.2 on MacOS 10.5
s_schreiber

Re: [Issue] OOo 3.2: Can't paste clipboard to Base form

Post by s_schreiber »

I, too, cannot paste into the form that I created to populate my OO.o database. I am on a MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 2 GB of RAM. I will go and vote that this bug be worked on.

Many thanks.

Edit to this post:
Tried voting on this in the bugs area and it tells me I am not logged in. When I re-enter my login info it says that it is not correct. So I cannot vote on this. But I hope it will be fixed soon.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 [320m8(Build:9472)]
MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon OS 10.6.3
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

s_schreiber wrote:Tried voting on this in the bugs area and it tells me I am not logged in. When I re-enter my login info it says that it is not correct. So I cannot vote on this. But I hope it will be fixed soon.
It is a different web site altogether, not related to this one, so you have to register for it separately.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
s_schreiber

Post by s_schreiber »

Oh, thanks for the tip! I will do that. :-)
OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 [320m8(Build:9472)]
MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon OS 10.6.3
Hadouma

Post by Hadouma »

Read in the issue, this can't be fixed because it is a MacOS problem. Why do other (MacOS) applications not have similar problems ? If it were a MacOS problem, surely other apps would suffer from this as well ?
OpenOffice 4.1.0
MacOS 10.9.2