Install on OS10.5 problems

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
gnowacek

Install on OS10.5 problems

Post by gnowacek »

i recently purchased an Mac Mini (2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM), partitioned the harddrive with BootCamp and installed Windows XP Home. i am running OSX 10.5.1 i downloaded OOo_2.3.0_MacOSXintel_install_eng-US.dmg and installed it (i think) as per instructions.

i have an OpenOffice.org 2.3 on my dock, and when I click it, i get X11 start and then a window with " bash-3.2$" and a undecipheral character. the window is labled 'X-xterm. from here, nothing happens, no matter what i try to do.

i think i will wait until the Aqua version is operational. i have a usable version of MSOffice that i can use in the meantime.
wurzel
Volunteer

Re: Install on OS10.5 problems

Post by wurzel »

gnowacek wrote:i recently purchased an Mac Mini (2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM), partitioned the harddrive with BootCamp and installed Windows XP Home. i am running OSX 10.5.1 i downloaded OOo_2.3.0_MacOSXintel_install_eng-US.dmg and installed it (i think) as per instructions.

i have an OpenOffice.org 2.3 on my dock, and when I click it, i get X11 start and then a window with " bash-3.2$" and a undecipheral character. the window is labled 'X-xterm. from here, nothing happens, no matter what i try to do.

i think i will wait until the Aqua version is operational.
The Aqua version is already pretty usable.
For your X11 problem look at the the multitude of other threads on the same subject in this forum where the answer is given.

Alex