Not installing to Hard Drive and Command Time Out error

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
ejg62

Not installing to Hard Drive and Command Time Out error

Post by ejg62 »

I downloaded Open Office and I am having problems installing it on my hard drive in the applications directory.

Open Office has downloaded, but while installing I receive the Command Timed Out issue. I click through that and the installation process continues. The application opens and can be used. However, the application is not saved to the hard drive (applications directory). When I try to re-open the application it is re-installed because it is not installed.

How can I get Open Source saved to the Applications directory and resolve the Command Timed Out issue.

Thanks
davidb

Re: Not installing to Hard Drive and Command Time Out error

Post by davidb »

Installation is opening the .dmg file and dragging the application to the applications folder - the disc image is not an installer. Look here (http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/faq/i ... g/ooo.html). It will run from the disk image but is not installed unless dragged to your hard drive. I don't know about the command time out issue - it may be an issue with the newest version of the Mac OS - I seem to remember some discussion about that on this list.

David
OOo 3.30 on Mac OSx other + Windows XP