[Solved] Drag OpenOffice-windows to 2nd monitor

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Maikol

[Solved] Drag OpenOffice-windows to 2nd monitor

Post by Maikol »

Hey everybody,

I have recently installed Open Office. However, it only runs at my notbook monitor. Whenever I try to drag the window over to my second monitor it stops wherever my mouse arrow hits the frame of the first monitor. That half of the window being already on my second monitor loses all the menues at the top of the window including the three buttons (red, yello, green) for window size. So I can only close the window once I have dragged it back to my first monitor.

Does anyone have an idea how to move OpenOffice windows from one monitor to the other? I have a MacBook Pro and use OO with x11.

Help is highly appreciated.

Maikol
Last edited by Maikol on Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Mac User - trying to drag OpenOffice-windows to 2nd monitor

Post by Hagar Delest »

As this is rather a Mac issue, I move it to the Mac forum, it will get more attention.

Good luck.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Maikol

Post by Maikol »

Ok, since I did not get any useful replies on any of the forums neither on this webpage nor at macuser, I started to help myself. The simplest solution to my problem was switching to another software called neooffice which is as good and I do not have the problem I encountered with openoffice. Neooffice is free as well and it is also based on openoffice, so it looks very similar to and feels almost like microsoft office. Fortunately, I can use it without x11 enabling me to drag it to my second monitor. Voilá problem solved. I hope I could help all those experiencing the same problem.

Thanx so much
Maikol
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Thanks for the feedback, it will certainly help other users.
NeoOffice is a fork of OOo but a good alternative under Mac. Note that quite all the information you'll find here can also be applied to NeoOffice.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10