[Solved] Confused

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
war102

[Solved] Confused

Post by war102 »

I am new to Mac and any type of forum. I have recently installed leopard and have just read about X11 and Aqua. I have no idea what these are or if I need them. I don't do a lot of heavy work but would like a decent office suite. I have not download OO yet.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Confused

Post by Hagar Delest »

You should look at the second page of this forum section for Mac, some threads about the Aqua build and X11.

See also here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org#Platforms.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
war102

Post by war102 »

I read ajaxvt and think that answers my questions, thanks
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

by PM, war102 wrote:I don't know how much more I can say about the issue. I just don't know what they are or if I need them on my Mac (Leopard). I would appreciate any help.
I quote your message here because I don't reply such PM. Other users could have the same troubles so please continue the discussion in the forum.

From what I've understood (I'm not a Mac user), X11 is needed to run the official version of OOo (X11 is an environment that allows to install and run Linux applications on your Mac). The Aqua build is the porting of OOo on the Mac platform (so that you don't need X11). NeoOffice is a fork of OOo.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10