Mac version

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Atreyu

Mac version

Post by Atreyu »

I bet this question is asked a lo. I've used OO on my PC for a while now and absoultly love it, but I just switched to mac. Will there be a version of OO that is not in the X11 environment? Because there are some seriously bugs with it and actually affects other common applications, and as everyone probably knows, X11 isn't very reliable.
thanks
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Mac version

Post by DrewJensen »

There is and it is due to release "Any Day Now"...ok not that soon, but a beta version is available now. Go to
http://download.openoffice.org/680/ and you will find a developers build of the Mac Aqua version - or if you are a little less adventurous the final release should be coming soon.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
kabing
Volunteer

Re: Mac version

Post by kabing »

There is also NeoOffice, an independent port/fork of OpenOffice.org that runs natively on the Mac, and is out of beta. It is always a version or so behind OpenOffice.org, though. Neo's currently at 2.2.2, based on OOo 2.2.1, where as OOo is currently at 2.3.1, I believe. If you used OOo 2.3.1 in WIndows, Neo might feel like a step backwards.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)