[Solved] Just installed, opens Writer, don't see Calc, Draw

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
clare8in

[Solved] Just installed, opens Writer, don't see Calc, Draw

Post by clare8in »

Hi, thanks for your help,

I am a brand new user. I am running Tiger (10.4.11) on a 1.8 GHz powerPC G5 and have X11 installed. I successfully installed OOo 2.3.1 by dragging it into the applications folder. I opened it and choose the Apple Fonts. Whenever I launch the application, after X11 has been automatically launched, it goes directly into a blank new WRITER page. I don't see any overall menu for the suite, ie Calc, Math, Draw etc. I already re-installed once.
Is this normal? If so, how do I close writer and access the other parts of the suite? Did I download the wrong thing (I downloaded "OpenOffice.org using X11 windowing environment" for OS X powerPC)

Please help me, If you can.

Thanks a lot,
Clare8in
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
acknak

Re: Just intalled, opens to Writer, don't see CALC, Draw, etc

Post by acknak »

Writer is the default application if OOo is started without any specific document to work on. You may have desktop menus/icons installed that start the other applications. Such icons are not strictly necessary, because OOo is really all one application with several different faces: you can start any of the OOo applications from any other one:

File > New > Text Document (Writer), Spreadsheet (Calc), Presentation (Impress) ...

There is also a dropdown on standard tool bar for starting a new document; the dropdown lets you select the different document type.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
smsm1

Re: Just intalled, opens to Writer, don't see CALC, Draw, etc

Post by smsm1 »