HELP ! I cannot print anymore !

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
fabiano

HELP ! I cannot print anymore !

Post by fabiano »

Dear Administrators

I just bought a new IMAC and made a complete back up from my old Powerbook titanium 2003 model..
I damn myself for running a software refresh and downloaded n° 2 applications: IMAC EFI Firmware and a Security Update yesterday 24 dec 07.

I was using an old 2004 Microsoft Office without on line registration .. since I restarted the computer I WAS immediately unable to print anymore from any Excel . Word or other applications from Office.

when pushing control + P the system simply shuts down the applications !

I HAVE THAT DAMNED FRITZ CHIP INTO MY INTEL - DUO HARDWARE and I understood too late I just cut my legs by myself.

So I downloaded the Open Office Suite to tell bye bye forever to mr. billion dollars man gates.

but I continue not to be able to print from any Open Office software... the drivers for my Lexmark X2250 are right, everything seems fine... but my system is not able to communicate with my printer anymore !!

what should I do ?

thank you - Best regards
Fabiano
Hagar Delest

Re: HELP ! I cannot print anymore !

Post by Hagar Delest »

Are you able to print from other applications ?
It seems that it is rather a system issue. You may find better answers on a Mac forum.

I move this thread to the Mac section BTW.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Geoff K

Post by Geoff K »

New person, similar problem. How do I get to the Mac section? I do not see it on the home page.

thanks

Geoff
Geoff K

Post by Geoff K »

Oops. I think I found it. Go to any section, go to the bottom of the screen, and using the jump to go to MacOX. Is there anything else I need to know or is there a way to start out in the Mac section?

Geoff
smsm1

Post by smsm1 »

Printing isn't great just now. With a future Aqua version of OpenOffice.org, printing will become better. In the mean time I would recommend exporting to a PDF, then using Preview to print.
ericb

Post by ericb »

ericb@Geoff K

I do provide unofficial builds (not for production use), to test code in progress.

If you want to give it a try ( at least test the prining system ), there is an english US version there :

http://oooaqua.laurentbuisson.fr/OoO/INTEL/m239/

And m240 including more new code, will soon be available.

Just tell us if printing works. If not, your system has a problem, or your printer is not correctly installed.
smsm1

Post by smsm1 »

Try resetting the print system. You don't say whether you are using Leopard or Tiger as the instructions for doing so are different.