Awful document rendering errors

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
bpreindl

Awful document rendering errors

Post by bpreindl »

Hi,

I've had the problem already with OO 2.4.1, the latest NeoOffice version and now with OO 3.0.0 - when loading a document in Writer or Calc, scrolling causes display errors as shown in the attachment. When completely restarting OO 3.0, the errors are gone, but come back after a while (I know, that's fuzzy, and it just came into my mind if it could be related to keeping an OO process running while the Mac is hibernating, I'll double-check this).

Has anybody else experienced rendering errors like these and has an idea how to get rid of them?

Thanks a lot

Bastian
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
OO3.3 on Ubuntu (32 and 64 bit) headless
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Awful document rendering errors

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I've never seen this in Windows or Linux, but I don't have access to a Mac.

Is it always after a session of hibernating, would you say? Perhaps that's the key.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
bpreindl

Post by bpreindl »

Hi,

it was a feeling I had that it could be interconnected to the hibernating. I've now updated to the latest version on Leopard (10.5.5) and currently I don't run into that problem, even after it recovers from hibernation. I'll anyways keep an eye on it and return if it occurs again and/or I can track it down to a certain event causing it.

Thanks

Bastian
OO3.3 on Ubuntu (32 and 64 bit) headless
ccornell
Volunteer

Post by ccornell »

This is not a unique problem. It can happen in OOo on any OS... but it doesn't happen often these days.

Shift + Ctrl + R (not sure the OSX equiv of that) will force a refresh on the OOo window.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
ijensen

Post by ijensen »

I too have been struggling with this over and over. I would install a new OOo3 beta and the problem would appear to go away, but it would inevitably return. I saw the problem with Write, Calc and Impress (the only OOo apps I use). This problem seems very related to the Zoom at which I was working at - clicking on something would actually 'miss' and I would have to go hunting for the right place to click - often a couple of inches away (quite challenging to use the app then).

For others, the Mac equivalent to the keys above appears to be 'Apple + Shift + R' - refreshes the current view. This works better than resizing the window as you don't have to take your fingers from the keyboard.

Cheers,

Ivan
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard