OS X Quicklook is not working

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
rarnhold

OS X Quicklook is not working

Post by rarnhold »

Hi *

after installing OOO300M9 I saved the first files. But Quicklook doesn't work with the files. I previous used Neooffice and Quicklook works fine.

Any hints?

Kind regards
Reinhard
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
kabing
Volunteer

Re: OS X Quicklook is not working

Post by kabing »

Quicklook support in NeoOffice is provided through code written by the NeoOffice developers, not something inherited in OpenOffice.org, so that may be part of it. There was a recent report in the NeoOffice forums of problems with Quicklook and odt files that may have been related to installing OpenOffice.org 3.0. The thread is a long one, but this post in it provides some links to other mentions of an issue with OpenOffice.org for Mac and Quicklook issues.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: OS X Quicklook is not working

Post by lgusaas »

Quicklook is working for me. (OS 10.5.5). Last time I checked it wasn't working. Apple may have made a change in one of it updates.

I have also uninstalled NeoOffice. I had it for a short time to compare it to OO.o. I am just guessing but it may have caused a conflict with haw Ouicklook works. I think QuickLook was working before I installed NeoOffice although I had not used it much. I only upgraded to Leopard in July.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura