[Issue] Trouble setting writer default template

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jrlarsonus

[Issue] Trouble setting writer default template

Post by jrlarsonus »

I've used OO for a few years on Windows, so I know how to set up new default templates in Writer. Recently I switched to a Macbook running OS X Leopard (10.5) and downloaded OO 3 (build 9358). Everything's great, except that Writer won't remember my default template. It remembers it as long as OO is open, but when I quit and relaunch it reverts to the factory default template. I've tried unloading/deleting all OO folders and reinstalling, but it still won't remember it. I haven't been able to find any other posts about this issue, either, except one not on the OO website, and they seem not to have resolved it. Granted, this is more an annoyance than a problem, but I'd still like to fix it. Can anyone help? (Please keep in mind that I'm not a techie, so any explanation will have to be somewhat simplified. :-) )

(Almost forgot . . . I later installed NeoOffice, which is built on OO, and it had no problem remembering the default template. But I didn't care as much for the interface and performance.)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged the thread as issue (link to a bug report).
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + none
Hagar Delest

Re: Trouble setting writer default template

Post by Hagar Delest »

Known bug for Mac users. You should subscribe and vote for it (up to 2 votes per issue): [Issue] Retain default template setting upon quitting OOo (Issue 94390).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10