Extension manager broken on OSX11

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mitra

Extension manager broken on OSX11

Post by mitra »

I've been trying, and failing, to add extensions - I tried Solver first, but when that failed tried a couple of others. in all cases

The installation progess bar started but only really moved the tinyist amount before sticking (I left it for hours).
Restarting OO left it with a message "The status of this extension is not known"
Same issue if try for all users or just me
Same problem if open in OO directly from the website, or save first and install from the file.
Same problem if I try and remove the half-installed extension.

I've seen similar problems on other apps when upgrading to OSX11, OSX11 I believe tightened permissions, and I have been told that apps have to explicitly ask for some permission that previously the OS would either have automatically granted, or taken care of asking the user about.
Unspecified version of OpenOffice on unspecified version of MacOS, but based on topic 106120 at least MacOS 11.something
MrProgrammer

Re: Extension manager broken on OSX11

Post by MrProgrammer »

mitra wrote:The installation progess bar started but only really moved the tinyist amount before sticking (I left it for hours).
I have not experienced this problem, and I do not recall anyone else reporting it in the last 11 years. Perhaps review [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q54/A54, Q28/A28, and Q02/A02.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
mitra

Re: Extension manager broken on OSX11

Post by mitra »

Thank for the suggestions - There may be two problems - I've added OpenOffice to the Full Disk Access and created a new profile, it will now install icsgantt-1.0.4 but has the same problem on nlpsolver (progress bar that sticks). OSX has changed permissions significantly from OSX10 to OSX11 so seeing new problems that haven't occurred in the last 10 years is not totally surprising. Thunderbird for example also has new problems with it.
Unspecified version of OpenOffice on unspecified version of MacOS, but based on topic 106120 at least MacOS 11.something