[Solved] Signature check failed on Mac 10.9 and 10.10

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
vnguyen

[Solved] Signature check failed on Mac 10.9 and 10.10

Post by vnguyen »

Hi all,
I downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.10 for Mac and verified its signature with command:
$ codesign -v Apache*.dmg
And it returned "code object is not signed at all". The weird thing is it only happen on Mac 10.9 and 10.10, while on Mac 10.13, 10.14 and 11 it verified signature successfully. I also used codesign to verify other preinstalled apps on Mac and it succeed with those apps, so I think it may be a problem with OpenOffice signature.

Do you know the reason for this and how to verify signature of OpenOffice install file on Mac?

Thanks in advance.

P/S: I checked the Mac FAQ but cannot find the information about this there. I may check integrity by SHA, but I think signature already contain it and I don't have to download 2 files. So I need to check signature.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on MacOS
MrProgrammer

Re: Signature check failed on Mac 10.9 and 10.10

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
vnguyen wrote:… while on Mac 10.13, 10.14 and 11 it verified signature successfully
I cannot reproduce successful signature verification with your codesign command on MacOS 10.14.
Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 11.05.09.png
vnguyen wrote:… to verify other preinstalled apps on Mac …
OpenOffice is not a preinstalled application on MacOS.
vnguyen wrote:Do you know the reason for this …
I find nothing in the Apache OpenOffice installation instructions which suggests that OpenOffice downloads are "signed". If you have that, please supply a link to the OpenOffice page about signature verification with codesign.
vnguyen wrote:how to verify signature of OpenOffice install file on Mac?
Click that Download link at the bottom right of this page. Read How to verify the download where you will find the instructions for MacOS systems.
AOO-download.png
AOO-download.png (7.5 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
[Solved] Etre Check reports OpenOffice is not signed

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).