[Solved] Save spreadsheet width to open to same size

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
tmihalic

[Solved] Save spreadsheet width to open to same size

Post by tmihalic »

When I open a spreadsheet and size it for the width of the spreadsheet and save it, the size stays the same until I open another spreadsheet with a different size and then the original one opens to the latest spreadsheets size. How can I save a spreadsheet to always open to the same width (size)?

Tmihalic
Last edited by tmihalic on Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office Version 4.1.10 on Mac Big Sur 11.5.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Save spreadsheet width to open to same size

Post by Zizi64 »

Do you mean the ZOOM-factor?

Fill-in the personal data in the settings, and the Calc will remember the last zoom value of the documents.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
tmihalic

Post by tmihalic »

Sorry, I'm new to Open Office. Where is personal data? I filled in Preferences/OpenOffice/User Data. Is that what you are referring to? I don't see anything about ZOOM values..
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

tmihalic wrote:I filled in Preferences/OpenOffice/User Data. Is that what you are referring to?
Yes, that's it.
There is no filed for the zoom value. User data are stored in the files (see menu File > Properties) based on the application user data you've filled-in. When then match, the "custom settings" like zoom level is restored at its latest stored value.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
tmihalic

Post by tmihalic »

I'm sorry. I'm confused. Where is the zoom level set. This isn't making sense. Please bear with me, I'm new to Open Office and haven't figured this out. Please help.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Zoom is modified via View | Zoom; or by using the slider on the right of the status bar at the bottom of your AOO window; or by right clicking on the zoom percentage shown to the right of the slider.. Use View | Status Bar if the status bar is not displayed.
oocalc_zoom.jpg
oocalc_zoom.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
tmihalic

Post by tmihalic »

It might be that my question isn't clear. I have one spreadsheet that is 5 columns wide. Another that is 10 columns wide and another that is 22 columns wide. If I open the wide one, modify it and save it, then open the first 5 column wide spreadsheet, the window open as wide as the window for the 22 column spreadsheet. How can I set it to open to just the 5 columns wide? After using that 5 column wide shee. Then go back to the 22 column wide sheet, the whole spreadsheet doesn't show until I drag the right side of the window all of the way to the right side of the sheet.. Adjusting the size in the lower right corner adjusts the size of the columns, type size, etc. I want to save the physical size(left to right) of the spreadsheet so that it opens the same everytiome, yet doesn't affect other spreadsheets. Hopefully this helps. (By the way, this is the way it works in Excel). Thanks for your help.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I have one spreadsheet that is 5 columns wide. Another that is 10 columns wide and another that is 22 columns wide.
Do you mean the filled-in columns, or the visible columns in the (resized and/or zoomed) application window, or the hided/unhided columns??

(All of the Sheets are 1024 columns wide really in the AOO Calc.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.