[Solved] Mac won't open OpenOffice «Q05»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
juma

[Solved] Mac won't open OpenOffice «Q05»

Post by juma »

I have just had a hard drive replacement on my Mac, Cargonite took a week to replace my files, during the down time I used Pages for my word processor, when Carbonite finished I tried to download a new copy of Apache, but I got this message in a box saying
“OpenOffice” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."MacOS cannot verity that this app is free from malware from--prod.downloadnow.com."
that message comes up and Mac will not recognize the web site the download is coming from, so it wants to send it to Trash, but I have already installed it on my app bar at the bottom of screen so it comes with a delete box, but then I get a :Openoffice" could not be moved to Trash: message..
anyone else had this problem?

thanks,
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
openoffice 4/Mac Catalina 10.15.7. safaris 14.1.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Mac won't open OpenOffice

Post by Villeroy »

[Tutorial] Mac FAQ, Q05: MacOS won't let me run OpenOffice. I get a message like those below. How do I proceed?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MiSt22

Post by MiSt22 »

Solved.
Had to update mac-os to version 10.15. Downloaded openoffice and my operating system will not open it, claiming it cannot verify that the program is malware free. Help.
Last edited by MiSt22 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache Open Office 4.1.10

MacOS 10.15
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Please read the link Villeroy provided in the post before yours; if that does not provide a solution please give more information.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers