[Solved] OpenOffice disappears when it is closed «Q03»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
OldPFN

[Solved] OpenOffice disappears when it is closed «Q03»

Post by OldPFN »

Installed OpenOffice on Big Sur. Everything works great until I close it, then it disappears from the hard drive. I have to redownload and reinstall each time. Anyone else dealt with this?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.10, Mac Big Sur
RusselB

Re: OpenOffice disappears

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
You might want to check the Mac FAQ (it is long, so be patient) to see if there's something there that will help.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice disappears

Post by MrProgrammer »

OldPFN wrote: Everything works great until I close it, then it disappears from the hard drive.
Follow these installation instructions carefully. Do not guess how to install the application.
Mac FAQ Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
OldPFN wrote:Anyone else dealt with this?
These people installed the application incorrectly too.
[Solved] Can't install 4.1.3
[Solved] OpenOffice does not install
[Solved] Only opens install dmg, not the actual app «Q03»
[Solved] Application is gone after start up
[Solved] Installer icon on MacOS Desktop

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).