Index out of bounds and freezing.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
JohnDex

Index out of bounds and freezing.

Post by JohnDex »

I have just updated to the latest version 4.1.9 of OpenOffice on my MacOS Big Sur v 11.2.2 and, the first time I used Writer to edit a short document, I experienced freezing and disappearance of the cursor and then the 'index out of bounds' error. The only way to carry on editing in either case was to close down the program and restart it, losing the work done since the last save. :(
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove Known Issues icon
Open Office 4.1.9 MacOS Big Sur v 11.2.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Index out of bounds and freezing.

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
JohnDex wrote:I experienced freezing and disappearance of the cursor and then the 'index out of bounds' error.
Q40: What might cause: Fatal Error - index out of bounds?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
JohnDex

Post by JohnDex »

Villeroy, I have been using Libre Office, the latest MacOS version 7.0.4.2 but was getting cursor freezing and disappearance fairly frequently and this is why I decided to update Open Office and try that again. I had decided to try writing my autobiography as a distraction during lockdown but with the frustration of having to shut down and re-open either program every 10 minutes or so I'm not convinced I'll ever finish it.. thanks.
Open Office 4.1.9 MacOS Big Sur v 11.2.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

An alternative is to write your text in a plain text editor, and leave the formatting until later.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS