[Solved] I dont know what version/how to install «Q03»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
computer_dummy

[Solved] I dont know what version/how to install «Q03»

Post by computer_dummy »

please please help.

i have read all the instructions and attempted installation of different versions 4 times. it results in an image i can't open. i have a 2014 Macbook pro, version 10.13.6 (Mac OS High Sierra). i am at the end of my rope, please help me.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1 on Mac OS High Sierra
MrProgrammer

Re: I dont know wht version/how to install

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
computer_dummy wrote:i have read all the instructions and attempted installation of different versions 4 times. it results in an image i can't open. i have a 2014 Macbook pro, version 10.13.6 (Mac OS High Sierra).
Read Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac? carefully.
Read Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed? before posting again. For an example of the process with pictures see [Solved] Gatekeeper interference: Big Sur 11.1. The process will be similar whether you use MacOS 10.13 or MacOS 11.1.
computer_dummy wrote:i have read all the instructions and attempted installation of different versions 4 times.
If you need any further assistance tell us which instructions you are following and provide the specific sentence where you get stuck. Tell us precisely what you did, what happened, and what you expected to happen instead. Sometimes results are correct but the expectation is wrong.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

Should alway read the release notes. Read about Gatekeeper at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dis ... macOSusers
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: I dont know what version/how to install

Post by Villeroy »

What makes you belive that you really need such a complicated piece of software anyway?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Re: I dont know what version/how to install

Post by MrProgrammer »

Villeroy wrote:What makes you belive that you really need such a complicated piece of software anyway?
Right. If computer_dummy just needs a spreadsheet, they can download Apple's free Numbers spreadsheet from the App Store. This request will install it on the Mac with no further action from the user and, since it comes from Apple, bypass any Gatekeeper issues. For any questions about the download process or about Numbers, contact Apple. Numbers runs on all of Apple's devices: Mac, iPad, and iPhone and you can pass data between them using iCloud. When you update the Numbers spreadsheet on the Mac, copies on an iPad and iPhone are sync'd immediately and automatically.

Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).