[Dropped] Download link not working «Q03»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
CFF555

[Dropped] Download link not working «Q03»

Post by CFF555 »

I am trying to download Apache Open Office on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.7 ) and the link does not accept my "I Accept" on the policy screen neither does it download at all.
Any ideas why please?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No further response from OP, so tagged ✓ [Dropped]
OpenOffice 3.1 on MAcOS Catalina
FJCC

Re: Download link not working

Post by FJCC »

You should go to the web site www.openoffice.org and download from there. What download link are you trying to use?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
CFF555

Post by CFF555 »

thats the site `i'm using it takes me to sourceforge which does not work
OpenOffice 3.1 on MAcOS Catalina
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

CFF555 wrote:the link does not accept my "I Accept" on the policy screen
There is no mention of "I accept" nor of a "policy screen" in Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?. Instead, that summary says "Do not click anything". It says that twice.
CFF555 wrote:… it takes me to sourceforge which does not work …
Perhaps SourceForge had a problem when you tried to download. That is not an OpenOffice problem. I had no trouble with the download from SourceForge when I tried just now.

I will remind you that downloading the suite is a browser task. Perhaps you have a browser problem. You can try a different browser, maybe Firefox, if yours does not work. I used Safari 14.0.2. I do not see a "policy screen" when I download. Perhaps that screen is a feature of your anti-virus software. If so, review the procedures for that software to determine how to proceed. Perhaps you need to disable your anti-virus software temporarily to download OpenOffice.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Normally the requested download starts automatically after a five second delay on a SourceForge site, with a little twirling icon showing the countdown. There is also a "Problems Downloading" button that allows for manual selection f a different SourceForge site.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS