[Dropped] OpenOffice on Mac corrupt. Can't reinstall.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Nichola

[Dropped] OpenOffice on Mac corrupt. Can't reinstall.

Post by Nichola »

I have been successfully using Openoffice on my Mac for years. It somehow got corrupted so I had to delete the application and try to reinstall. I'm using a MacBook Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.6. Tried to reinstall but the corrupt message keeps reappearing and so I can't access any of my spreadsheets. Can anyone help please?
OpenOffice on Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.6
RusselB

Re: Openoffice on Mac corrupt. Can't reinstall. Need help pl

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Please note that I'm not a Mac user, so my questions are based on general computer usage.
How did you delete the application? Did you just delete the application files or did you use a removal tool?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

And can you give the exact text of the "corrupt message".
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Nichola wrote:It somehow got corrupted …
Q02: How do I create a new profile on a Mac?
This is far more likely to resolve strange problems than re-installing OpenOffice, which almost never helps.
Nichola wrote:I had to delete the application …
Q04: How do I uninstall OpenOffice on a Mac?
Nichola wrote:… and try to reinstall
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q06: How do I install Java for OpenOffice on a Mac?
Nichola wrote:Tried to reinstall but the corrupt message keeps reappearing
Your post is too vague for me to know what your problem is but these solutions have helped many people:
Q01: OpenOffice was forced to quit. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?
Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed?
If you need further help from me, you must provide the exact text of the message and an explanation of the action you took which caused it to appear. Without both of those you will receive no further responses from me.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Nichola

Re: OpenOffice on Mac corrupt. Can't reinstall.

Post by Nichola »

I just moved it to trash. When it got corrupt I got a pop up box saying the application had quit unexpectedly and did I want to reopen - I clicked yes but nothing happened. The pop box wouldn't disappear and then I could get into my existing spreadsheets but they wouldn't behave normally - wouldn't allow copy and pate etc. I think I can probably download it again but when I try it doesn't work so I'm obviously doing something wrong.
OpenOffice on Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.6