[Solved] MacOS 10.15.6 causing error w/ OpenOffice

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
eleanorb

[Solved] MacOS 10.15.6 causing error w/ OpenOffice

Post by eleanorb »

I applied the latest macos upgrade, and now the recovery process doesn't work, causes error and terminates. Anyone else? (I shouldn't have been so quick to apply this!) Eleanor
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
AOO 4.1.8 and LO 6.4.5 on MacOS 10.15.7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Upgrade MacOS 10.15.6 causing error w/ OpenOffice

Post by John_Ha »

Strange problems are sometimes fixed by resetting the user profile - see Resetting the user profile.

Also, try a reboot.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Another thought.

Is it a file (or several files) which actually need recovering? If so either accept the Recovery or abandon the Recovery. It should then stop happening.

If it happens with every file you try to open then reset the profile.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
eleanorb

Post by eleanorb »

'
thanks for your thought. However, if it says they all need recovering (which it often does), how can I tell if they "really" need recovering? I usually just assume that they do. But in this case, it said they all (5 or 6) needed recovery and then it recovered one and bombed out on the second. Anyway, I reset the user profile and so far (2 minutes) everything seems fine. Eleanor
AOO 4.1.8 and LO 6.4.5 on MacOS 10.15.7