[Solved] Menus Disappeared Recently Mac OS

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Richard.Mazon

[Solved] Menus Disappeared Recently Mac OS

Post by Richard.Mazon »

I love OO and have been using it on my Mac for years. Recently the only menu I have is the one associated with a particular document. For example, for a spreadsheet, I have the menu in document pane, but the ribbon across the top of a mac that shows options for that program has disappeared. I notice too that when I open an Office document, the Mac taskbar disappears too.

Should I just delete the app from the application folder and download again? Or do you think it is some permission problem, OO needs a new permission to work correctly now?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon May 04, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.7 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4
MrProgrammer

Re: Menus Disappeared Recently Mac OS

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Richard.Mazon wrote:Recently the only menu I have is the one associated with a particular document. For example, for a spreadsheet, I have the menu in document pane, but the ribbon across the top of a mac that shows options for that program has disappeared. I notice too that when I open an Office document, the Mac taskbar disappears too. Should I just delete the app from the application folder and download again?
A reinstall will very likely be a waste of your time. See [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q11/A11.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Richard.Mazon

Re: Menus Disappeared Recently Mac OS

Post by Richard.Mazon »

Yes, I am familiar with full screen mode. That was not the problem. In frustration, I rebooted my Mac, something I haven't done for about 3 weeks, normal for me, and operation. Low and behold, the menu ribbon is back. I apologize or wasting your time.
Open Office 4.1.7 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4