[Issue] OO files in Finder Quick Look

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
rbc

[Issue] OO files in Finder Quick Look

Post by rbc »

Query is for all OpenOffice, not just Writer. The icon for my documents in Finder are generic so I don't see the preview and when I use Quick Look, can't view file. I have all files (Writer, Calc) set to default to OO.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: [Issue] added for known issue; Changed subject, was: OO files in Mac Finder (10.15.4)
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
According to topic 104522 rbc is switching from OpenOffice to LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Re: OO files in Mac Finder (10.15.4)

Post by MrProgrammer »

rbc wrote:When I use Quick Look, can't view file.
Known issue: Improve native QuickLook (for display formatting and support for templates)
For me, Quick Look in Finder can display ODT documents but no others. The issue discussion suggests that OpenOffice does not intend to work on it.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RoryOF

Re: [Issue] OO files in Mac Finder (10.15.4)

Post by RoryOF »

My preference is for meaningful file names; identifying a file from a preview icon is too difficult for my eyesight.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
rbc

Post by rbc »

Oh well. I use only *.doc or *.xls, not native OO as I share files. My file names are meaningful but that doesn't always tell me if that item is inside the document or spreadsheet. Thanks.
-------------
Mac OSX 10.1574 Catalina
According to topic 104522 rbc is switching from OpenOffice to LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

rbc wrote:My file names are meaningful but that doesn't always tell me if that item is inside the document or spreadsheet.
There is a simple solution for that. Read [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q52/A52.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).