[Solved] Control button display too dark

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
BigBear

[Solved] Control button display too dark

Post by BigBear »

the color of the control buttons is a dark blue, so dark that it is almost impossible to read the choice
For example, when you want to close a document you have altered, the box appears with a question mark ""The document "Untitled 2" has been modified.
you you want to save your changes?
under this message are three buttons which can not br read because their background color is darkest blue, they should read SAVE, CANCEL, and HELP, respectively. the content and number of buttons in the set of buttons varies with other choice situations.
I would appreciate advice as to how I can remove the background color
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.7 with OS X 10.15.3
MrProgrammer

Re: control button display too dark

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
BigBear wrote:the color of the control buttons is a dark blue, so dark that it is almost impossible to read the choice
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q47/A47

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
BigBear

Re: control button display too dark

Post by BigBear »

MrProgrammer, Thank you. I was able to reduce the darkness of the blue background, and that is an improvement, I was surprised that there was no way to just turn the background color off, since if you move out of Openoffice, so that the page with the choice buttons are still visible, they are displayed without any color background!
OpenOffice 4.1.7 with OS X 10.15.3