[Solved] Problems trashing OOo2.4 in Leopard 10.5.5

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Mel_P

[Solved] Problems trashing OOo2.4 in Leopard 10.5.5

Post by Mel_P »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone know how to trash the app? I was having problems installing it, then I read on here to try downloading 3.0 (yay that version works!) - which I did, but I'm still left with the old version which won't empty from the trash.

I used AppCleaner (as recommended from searching previous threads). I've also tried to trash it using Terminal commands (again, as suggested on here). But yet it still won't trash: I get many many messages saying 'The operation cannot be completed because the item ".LastResort.ttf" {etc} is in use'.

I only got my MacBook yesterday and I'm not too keen on soiling it with something that won't go away :( .

Cheers
Last edited by Mel_P on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Problems trashing OOo2.4 in Leopard 10.5.5

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Mel_P

Post by Mel_P »

I don't have X11 running... or at least it's not in my dock running.
Mel_P

Post by Mel_P »

Solved - technically don't know how, but I restarted computer, emptied trash, ...and there you have it: trash emptied.