How to Fix Openoffice Spreadsheet Corrupted File On MacBook

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

How to Fix Openoffice Spreadsheet Corrupted File On MacBook

Postby kimngocdoan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 am

Hello,
I read a couple forums regarding the Openoffice spreadsheet corrupted files recovery but none is working on my MacBook. I am currently on Sierra 10.13.3. The spreadsheet when recovered through Openoffice has a few sheets deleted. Ex: spreadsheet had tabs from 2005-2019; data recovered tabs 2005-2009. Help, I can't imagine rebuilding all these years.
Thanks!!!

Ps. The file data recovery software found on the web won't let me run it unless I buy it through Apple App Store, would this even help?
Open Office 4.0.1 Mac High Sierra 10.13.3
kimngocdoan

Re: How to Fix Openoffice Spreadsheet Corrupted File On MacB

Postby FJCC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 am

If you post the file here or some other place where people can access it, someone could look at the internal structure to see if the sheets can be recovered. To upload a file here, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Postby John_Ha » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:50 am

See [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file (is there something similar on MacOS and Linux?);

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi and welcome,

It's possible to upload your file on this forum ?
How to attach a document here

Regards
AOO 4.1.7 on Windows 10 and Xubuntu x64
Jeff

Postby MrProgrammer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

kimngocdoan wrote:The file data recovery software found on the web won't let me run it unless I buy it through Apple App Store …
Consult Apple's documentation about how to configure GateKeeper to allow non-AppStore software installation. OpenOffice is not from the AppStore and you've installed it, right?. A reminder about the process is in [Tutorial] Mac FAQ Q05/A05.

kimngocdoan wrote:Help, I can't imagine rebuilding all these years.
Review section 6. Saving your data and making backups in Ten concepts that every Calc user should know, though it may be too late in your case. It is your responsibility to make appropriate backups of important files.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800 on MacOS 10.14.6.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
MrProgrammer

Return to Mac OSX