[Solved] Main window with ultra-thin width, non-interactable

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

[Solved] Main window with ultra-thin width, non-interactable

Postby LucaCattide » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I've just installed the latest version on OS X Catalina. On app launch, apparently seems that some issue occurs because the main window doesn't being shown. But, by inspecting on its position with Mission Control, I see it on the very left margin of the main screen (actually I've a three display setup), with at last about 1-2px width. So this is making me impossible to use the software - tried to enlarge it manually but the scale cursor doesn't appear neither.
I tried by uninstalling/re-installing again with a fresh one with no success.

I attach a screenshot to show you the situation:
Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 12.44.54.png

Anyone have an idea about how to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on MAC OS X 10.15
LucaCattide

Re: Main window with ultra-thin width making it non-interact

Postby RoryOF » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm

I use OO an a three screen setup, running on Xubuntu, with no such problem. I suggest you delete your OO User Profile; reinstalling OO does _not_ affect an existing OO User Profile.

See Q02/A02 in the Mac Tutorial for information on how to delete the OO user profile on a Mac.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: Main window with ultra-thin width making it non-interact

Postby LucaCattide » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:47 pm

RoryOF wrote:I use OO an a three screen setup, running on Xubuntu, with no such problem. I suggest you delete your OO User Profile; reinstalling OO does _not_ affect an existing OO User Profile.

See Q02/A02 in the Mac Tutorial for information on how to delete the OO user profile on a Mac.

Thank you so much, Q02/A02 solved this.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on MAC OS X 10.15
LucaCattide

Return to Mac OSX