[Solved] All saved items un-readable when mailed

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Littleart

[Solved] All saved items un-readable when mailed

Post by Littleart »

Hello,

Having the following problem on my mac since latest os. update.
Saving files gives me non readeble content. and weird icons.
My mac tells me open office isn't verified as save and i should look for an other similar program @ the app store.

When installed (way back in the days) i gave open office permission @ configuration > security to acces all of my computer and that worked until this week.

Tried reinstalling open office and rebooted the shit out of my mac ;( no result.
Anny ideeas anyone?

Need to do some billing since it is the end of the month!!!!
in bleu
in bleu
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
mac osx (latests) on macbook pro - open office 4.1.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: All saved items un-readeadeble when mailed

Post by Villeroy »

The file name selected in your screenshot has no extension (.ods or .xls). The extension determines the program to be used when double-clicking on a file.
How to open it anyway: [Tutorial] Mac FAQ (Q33). The same tutorial should help to find out any other solution to your problem if it is related to Gatekeeper or other installation issues.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Littleart

Re: All saved items un-readeadeble when mailed

Post by Littleart »

IVilleroy,

No problem on opening my (wrong) files...
I send pdf's to costumers and they cannot open them since last week.

Apple is the one that block's open office.. and i pay for open source ;)
Did open all blocks in my opinion, worked before.....

@them mac fAQ's i did not find my answer, my files have been written down as >_

Realy could youse some help
mac osx (latests) on macbook pro - open office 4.1.7
MrProgrammer

Re: All saved items un-readable when mailed

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Littleart wrote:Saving files gives me non readeble content and weird icons.
Your weird icons are the result of not selecting Automatic file name extension when saving. You must have a very good reason to leave the box unchecked and I doubt that you do. Selecting this may also fix your unreadable content. I leave it checked always.
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.43.30.png
Littleart wrote:My mac tells me open office isn't verified as save and i should look for an other similar program @ the app store.
Q05: The Gatekeeper won't let me run OpenOffice. How do I proceed?
Littleart wrote:I send pdf's to costumers and they cannot open them since last week.
If you send files to customers but they are missing the .pdf extension because you did not use Automatic file name extension when saving, their computer probably does not understand that the file is a PDF and will refuse to open it. Do not send PDF files without the .pdf extension.
Littleart wrote:and i pay for open source ;)
I will assume this is intended to be a joke and have ignored it.
Littleart wrote:my files have been written down as >_
I have no idea what that means and have ignored it.
Littleart wrote:When installed (way back in the days) i gave open office permission @ configuration > security to acces all of my computer and that worked until this week.
Until you are more specific about what you did, I must ignore this.
Littleart wrote:Need to do some billing since it is the end of the month!!!!
Why do you update software shortly before your deadline? An emergency for you is not an emergency for me. This forum is full of posts about similar difficulties. You can do your own forum research, of course. Keep in mind you are asking for free help with a free program.
Littleart wrote:Having the following problem on my mac since latest os. update.
What is the specific MacOS release? "(latests)" is not helpful here. You will receive no further help from me without that information in your signature.
Littleart wrote:un-readeadeble readeble i acces Anny ideeas bleu costumers block's them Realy youse
I am more likely to reply again when you Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language. Goodbye.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).