[Solved] AOO 4.1.7 installation

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
GELvdH

[Solved] AOO 4.1.7 installation

Post by GELvdH »

I just downloaded AOO 4.1.7 on my Linux Mint 19.2 machine. The distro had LibreOffice installed. Will I have to uninstall LO or can I install AOO beside it and if so, how?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Linux Mint 19.2
robleyd

Re: AOO 4.1.7 installation

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

See this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=50119

Note that the tutorial states that you have to download LibreOffice from its website, you can't use the distro packages.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I suggest you: use the LO.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Re: AOO 4.1.7 installation on LinuxMint 19.x

Post by erbsenzahl »

@GELvdH

Before you install AOO 4.1.x: Change Mint-Y theme to Mint-X theme to avoid cumbersome graphic malfunctions of AOO!

There are at least two possibilities to install AOO on LinuxMint 19.2:
  • in parallel
  • as "stand alone"
Installation in parallel
My suggestion is: Install AOO in parallel, so you can benefit from better features in LO (e.g. better import of MS Word files). If you do so, you do not have to de-install LO. See here for more information: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Ins ... llel/Linux
Please note: The AOO desktop-integration DEB installation files are not needed in this case.
Expand the DEB files into a single folder. When installing the expanded DEB files execute in terminal this way (depends on located prompt):

Code: Select all

for i in ../DEBS/*.deb; do dpkg-deb -x $i . ; done
or
for i in ./*.deb; do dpkg-deb -x $i . ; done
Before launching AOO edit the bootstraprc file! (see above mentioned information source)

Installing AOO as stand alone app
De-install LibreOffice using LinuxMint's start menu | Office | LibreOffice.
Expand every downloaded DEB files in a single folder and don't forget the DEB files of desk-integration. Then run in terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg -i *.deb
If you would additionally like LO's features so I recommend an installation in parallel. Needed space is more than in a regular installation, but not too much... ;-)

Godspeed,
for more help ask here in the forum...
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
GELvdH

Post by GELvdH »

Thanks to all, I downloaded LO 6.3.1.2 and that solved my DB problem. Maybe when I get the time I will install AOO and check it out. I used to have it on my Windows machines but not on the Linux Mint ones. Again Thanks for the help.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Linux Mint 19.2