[Solved] Crashes

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
AlaricWood

[Solved] Crashes

Post by AlaricWood »

I recently posted about getting Open Office on my desktop and task bar. Stupid of me but thanks for the help. At the same time I made a mild complaint about instability which someone denied. Any attempt to customize the keyboard immediately crashes the programme. I have a number of keys I use for indents, font size, upper and lower case and movement to the top of the next or last page. While I can do without them if I must, they make work a lot easier. I run Debian 9 on an i7 chip with 8 gbs of ram. The hard drive is more than adequate for anything I can throw at it. If the problem cannot be solved I will revert to Libre Office and use Open Office only for the things Libre Office can't do.

Alaric
Last edited by AlaricWood on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandriva Linux version 1010.0. Mandriva's version of OOO 3.1.1 I have also downloaded and installed the next version ?3.2? with the same results
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Crashes

Post by Bill »

Can you be more specific about how to cause the crash? I can reproduce the bug that causes AOO 4.1.3 to crash when clicking the Page icon on the Styles and Formatting window (fixed in AOO 4.2.0), but I have been unable to make AOO crash while using the Customize window to customize the keyboard.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
AlaricWood

Post by AlaricWood »

Select Tools>customise>keyboard>template>save>^T>modify and the programme goes down at once. If I can find them I may be able to copy the LibreOffice shortcuts to OpenOffice. I haven't tried that yet.

Alaric
Mandriva Linux version 1010.0. Mandriva's version of OOO 3.1.1 I have also downloaded and installed the next version ?3.2? with the same results
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Entering your sequence didn't cause a crash for me on Debian 9. However, AOO did crash when I selected the "OpenOffice" radio button. I was able to work around the problem by using the sudo openoffice4 command to start AOO. The same workaround stops the previously mentioned crash when using the Styles and Formatting window. Since that problem has been fixed in AOO 4.2.0, I downloaded and installed the dev snapshot for AOO 4.2.0 and found that this problem is also fixed.
AlaricWood

Post by AlaricWood »

I can't find 4.2. It's not listed on the website. I will revert to LibreOffice and put up with the one or two things it won't do.

Alaric
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

4.2 is still in testing (aka beta) mode to my knowledge. Some people have access, but most do not.
You mention that LibreOffice has "one or two things it won't do"... You can always make new topics on this same forum in regards to those items, and someone might be able to tell/show you that they do exist, or you might get a workaround.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The download page has a link to "Development Builds". There are links on the Development Builds page to download nightly and snapshot development builds to be used for testing purposes only.
AlaricWood

Re: SOLVEDCrashes

Post by AlaricWood »

I did