LO Html editor keeps embedding my images 8!

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
robertbruce

LO Html editor keeps embedding my images 8!

Post by robertbruce »

LO Html editor(s) keeps embedding my images 8! even when I edit it in View/Html Source and then go View/Web Layout the sneaky thing embeds the images. There is a couple of ways to start and open a Html document in LO, as well as a couple of ways to save and export. Thers's drag and drop with Ctrl/Shift annnnd there's also the couple of realtive path checkbox's in Tools/Options/General/Load Save along with ODF handling. Even inserting it a a OLE embeds my jpg....arrrghhhh.... The Link to File Check-box doesn't seem to work, sometimes it's greyed out.

Then while im readin' through 35 how-to tabs I see page (now lost) saying not to insert jpg images as they get embeded anyway, instead insert tiff or gif...

so is that it?
can anyone please confirm? Can't do jpg's? Gota' change image formats or editor. That's pretty hard on Debian Jessie, OpenOffice doesnt list in Synaptic, im trying to keep my experience GUI...

Many thanks to the mods and masters of this site, is a great resource!
Libre Office 4.3.3.2 on Debian 8
acknak

Re: LO Html editor keeps embedding my images 8!

Post by acknak »

I see the same with LibO 5 on Linux. The other odd thing is that Edit > Links ... shows a link for the image, with the correct path.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
robertbruce

Re: LO Html editor keeps embedding my images 8!

Post by robertbruce »

Yep, your right Acknak Edit/Links displays the links absolute path and no matter how you edit it, it will embed the moment you move away from that sheet... ive installed Kompozer in the meantime...

IN those 35 tabs i was reading earlier i also saw a post saying how all the html editors seemd to be being replaced by browser app... it must be just another sign of the times
Libre Office 4.3.3.2 on Debian 8