Newbie loading OpenOffice

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
John Mac

Newbie loading OpenOffice

Post by John Mac »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4.1
What Operating System (version) are you using? Puppy Linux 4.00
What is your question or comment? Hi. After disastrous XP crash have as newbie to Linux successfully loaded Puppy Linux CD. Tried to load OpenOffice which it insists on trying to load in RAM and offering either /mnt/sda1 - the default HDD or a flash drive doesn't work - system just hangs. Is this the right version of OpenOffice for me? Alternatively, I need an app that can read .ppt presentations. All suggestions gratefully received, but am v new and feeling my way through the system
OOo 2.3.X on Linux-Other
Hagar Delest

Re: Newbie loading OpenOffice

Post by Hagar Delest »

How much RAM do you have? A live-CD runs only from RAM so if you don't have enough for both the OS and the application, it will fail. Have you tried to accept /mnt/sda1? it should work I guess.

NB: latest is 2.4.1 (even if the Ubuntu version is slightly different from the official (Sun) version.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10