Calc: paste using middle mouse button

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
acknak

Calc: paste using middle mouse button

Post by acknak »

To copy/paste using OO Calc on Linux, I can select something and click the middle mouse button to paste it--no keys needed. It's an odd feature but it's handy and I use it a lot, especially in Calc.

The problem is that Calc seems to have two modes: sometimes the paste replaces whatever is in the cell I click on; other times, Calc inserts new cells to make room and the cells below are pushed down. The second mode (insert) often disrupts my sheets where they contain data in rows: shifting one column down destroys the row integrity.

The mode switch seems to happen randomly while I'm working with Calc: all of a sudden a paste starts shifting cells. I don't know what's causing it to switch but I'd very much like to avoid it or somehow switch back to replace mode.

I've tried Paste Special and ticked the "move cells down" option--that doesn't seem to trigger the mode switch. Same for Insert > Cells ...

Any other ideas? Some other setting that might affect this behavior?
 Edit: PS: 
I just noticed that the mode resets if I close and restart Calc. So maybe it's just a bug. No idea why I never tried that before.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Re: Calc: paste using middle mouse button

Post by Hagar Delest »

I often use this middle-click feature and I've never experienced the insertion of cells. It always replaced the content of the cell where I paste.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10