[Solved] LibreOffice Desktop Icon Untrusted in Ubuntu

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
Roger Davis

[Solved] LibreOffice Desktop Icon Untrusted in Ubuntu

Post by Roger Davis »

I have a launch icon on the desktop for this. It used to work, until the latest(?) update. I can't find what I had to do before to make this work, I had the same problem when originally placing it on the desktop. When I click the icon, I get "The application launcher “libreoffice-startcenter.desktop” has not been marked as trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be unsafe."

I tried to click the box "Allow executing file as program", but it is greyed out, so is unresponsive.

How do I fix this?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 14, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
RoryOF

Re: Desktop Icon Untrusted in Ubuntu

Post by RoryOF »

Are you really using Ubuntu 10.04? and OO 3.2.0? I run OO 4.1.1 on Xubuntu 15.04. My launcher command line is "openoffice4 %U" (no quotes) and this has worked reliably for many ubuntu versions, without any other adjustment.

On desktop icons (as opposed to toolbar launcher icons) Permissions are set so that I have Read Write rights, my group has read write and all others have "read only". Allow execute as program is also ticked.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Roger Davis

Re: Desktop Icon Untrusted in Ubuntu

Post by Roger Davis »

No, 14.04. Guess I need to update my info.

Figured out an answer:
- Open Terminal
- Type "sudo nautilus" (not the ")
- Ignore the messages, go to the opened Nautilus
- Open the Desktop folder
- Find the icon for LibreOffice
- Right click the icon
- Select "Properties"
- Click the "Permissions" tab
- Check the box by "Allow executing file as program"
- RESTART

Should now work.