[Solved] File association after manual install of Beta 3

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
leo

[Solved] File association after manual install of Beta 3

Post by leo »

ISSUE SOLVED.

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? beta 3
What Operating System (version) are you using? ubuntu 8.04
What is your question or comment?

I have a built-in 2.4 version of open office bundled with ubuntu. I downloaded version beta 3 but the shell script in the 'update' file didn't work (can't see anything even when required the execution in a terminal windows), so I logged as root in the open office beta 3 directory and installed office beta 3 manually. the installation was ok as showed in the package manager but open office beta 3 is neither registered as an application, nor it appears in the application launch menu and nor the files associations is setup. I fixed manually the menu laucher but I do not know how to do with the files associations : for instance when I try to open a .doc file, that is open office writer 2.4 instead of beta 3 which is lauched. In fact Open office 2.4 and 3 coexist so if someone know a corrects way to update or at least to make the associations files setup with beta 3 it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Leo
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x + vista
Hagar Delest

Re: How to setup file association after manual install of beta 3

Post by Hagar Delest »

-> 3.0 Beta without desktop integration.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10