Index out of bonds error ( AOO 4.1.1 & Kubuntu 14.04)

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
jrcp

Index out of bonds error ( AOO 4.1.1 & Kubuntu 14.04)

Post by jrcp »

Hi there.

I was using LibreOffice until yesterday began to close, without reporting errors when working with a document that was created (and worked) with that processor few days ago (a document with text and some images)

So I decided to install Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 and have had problems with that document, but this time I get an error (index out of bounds). The problem occurs when I try to navigate using the cursor (or mouse) for the document.

Any ideas? I have not found references to this problem in Linux, although in OSX (but the solution is to change a library of OAA for an alternative that is available for OSX)

Regards
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Kubuntu 14.04 (KDElibs 4.13.3)
acknak

Re: Index out of bonds error ( AOO 4.1.1 & Kubuntu 14.04)

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand you situation. Is this a problem with one particular document? Do you consistently have trouble opening the same document, with both LibO and AOO?

Or is this an installation problem? Both LibO and AOO are crashing no matter what document you try to open?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
jrcp

Post by jrcp »

Hi ackhak,

the situation is as follows:

Before the first time that the error occurs:

1) I have been using without problems for almost a year libreoffice
2) 20 day ago I started working on a document (content: text and graphics. Size last saved version: 742.6 kB)
3) During this time, I had not had any problems with LibreOffice

Error (libreoffice):

- The 29th, libreoffice closes without generating any error screen while working on the document to which I refer in point 2.

- Try to open the document again and as I move the cursor, the program closes.

Installing apache openoffice

- Uninstall libreoffice and downloaded the latest version of LibreOffice (4.1.1) in Spanish
- Open the problematic document. As I move the cursor, a dialog appears "index out of bounds".
- To close AOO, I have to use the KILL command

Tests performed:

1) If I open any odt document (text and graphics or tables), AOO generates "index out of bounds" if I navigate with the cursor.
2) Uninstall AOO ES 4.1.1
3) Install 4.1.0 and 4.0.1 AOO (both ES version) ---> the problems remain.
4) Uninstall and Install AOO AOO ES 4.0.1 4.1.1 en-US - >>> problems continue
5) Unique situation in which, so far, has not generated error: create a new document without graphics, to save and reopen the document.

I hope this explanation can better define the problem. And as usual, my apologies for grammatical errors and / or vocabulary, but English is not my native language.

Many thanks for taking the time to help with this problem

Jose
acknak

Post by acknak »

Thanks, I think I understand better now.

Any time OO/LibO is working fine one day and suddenly starts behaving strangely, the first thing to try is a fresh OO settings profile:
[Tutorial] The OOo user profile

If that doesn't help, it could be that OO or LibO has somehow damaged the document; perhaps you can attach it here so we could try it? Oh, wait. No, it's too large to attach here. You would have to upload it somewhere (cloud or file sharing site) and leave a link here.
 Edit: PS: 
Your English is fine, but if you would be more comfortable discussing en Espanol, we do have a Spanish language forum: https://forum.openoffice.org/es/forum/

The registration there is completely separate--you would have to register again.
jrcp

Post by jrcp »

Hi,

I have tried to rebuild the user profile, but unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem.

To make things more complicated , I can't upload the document on the network, because its contents are confidential.

Thank you very much for the help. I will start the document from scratch.
acknak

Post by acknak »

If you can send it privately, just let me know. I'll be happy to take a quick look to see if it can be fixed.