desktop-integration

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
kenmorgan

desktop-integration

Post by kenmorgan »

I just installed OO 4.1.1. Then I went into the desktop-integration directory to install the menus:

Code: Select all

rpm -Uvih openoffice4.1.1-redhat-menus-4.1.1-9775.noarch.rpm
This produced a whole host of error messages like this:

Code: Select all

file /usr/share/application-registry/openoffice4.applications from install of openoffice4.1.1-redhat-menus-4.1.1-9757.noarch conflicts with file from package openoffice4.0-redhat-menus-4.0-9714.noarch
I doubt if anything new was installed in the menus because Applications > Office still lists "OpenOffice 4.0.1". However, when I open Writer using that menu, Help > About OpenOffice gives 4.1.1.

What is the problem, and how can I correct it?

Thanks so much.

Bill

Oops! Sorry, I thought I posted this under Install...Linux.
CentOS 6 Linux
Native Apache Open Office 4.1.3
acknak

Re: desktop-integration

Post by acknak »

[moved topic]
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I had the same problem with both my Linux systems, but for some weird reason I rpm'd all the rpm files in desktop-integration for each distro when installing. Got similar results - updated software, nonupdated menus. But after reading a few threads over about unnecessary files in the download, I went back and rpm'd the highest number file only. Afterwards, the menus were fixed also. Good luck,
Kevin
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1; openSuse 13.1, CentOS 6.5, Win7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is my memory that some such anomaly with RPM files was raised on the developer list and ought be fixed for forthcoming releases. I'm a DEB version user, so didn't pay much attention to the thread.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS