Unnecessary files in 4.1.1 Linux download.

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
HowardJ

Unnecessary files in 4.1.1 Linux download.

Post by HowardJ »

Just installed 4.1.1 on both our machines running PCLinuxOS. No problems so far but I noticed that in the desktop-integration folder there are parallel rpms for several different builds. I used the latest, 9975, which was the right one. The others should be removed.

This time I didn't need to re-install my wife's special characters macro so that she can type Finnish on a US keyboard. In the past it has disappeared. I did have to re-install Java jre, but that is probably because I'd just updated and a new version was installed.
AOO 4.1.14
on various machines running PCLinuxOS (KDE desktop). It all began with StarOffice 5.2 - I've still got the disk!
Hagar Delest

Re: Unnecessary files in 4.1.1 Linux download.

Post by Hagar Delest »

You should ask the reason to the dev mailing list, perhaps there is a rationale behind this.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

HowardJ wrote:Just installed 4.1.1 on both our machines running PCLinuxOS.

This time I didn't need to re-install my wife's special characters macro so that she can type Finnish on a US keyboard.
What for? :shock: It’s Linux! Let her use either the US Int’l layout or compose key sequences. No need for any macro.
AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

These extra files in the RPM were mentioned on the developer list a few weeks ago. I can't remember if there was an explanation but I think the consensus was that they will be removed on a future release.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS