[Solved] Strange anomaly between partition and a clone (LO)

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
kingfisher
Volunteer

[Solved] Strange anomaly between partition and a clone (LO)

Post by kingfisher »

I have LibreOffice on two partitions ( one and three ). The installation on partition three began with the current version, 4.0.3.4. My ~/.config/ folder on partition three contained the same link as its counterpart on partition one to a shared profile folder.

On starting Calc on partition three I discovered that the tool bar icons had been changed to rather insipid icons and I found it difficult to recognise their functions from their designs.

I logged into partition one expecting the icons there to have changed but they hadn't. They still had not changed after I updated LO on that partition to the same version as that installed on partition three.

Because I could find no other way of changing the icons on partition three, I created a live USB stick from partition one. I booted the USB system and installed from it onto partition three. Partition three should thereby have had the same composition as partition one. Problem solved, I expected.

But no, LO Calc on partition one still uses the old icons and the system cloned from it on partition three uses the other icons. Both user accounts are linked to the same profile folder.

How can that be ? It probably can't be changed but it seems to be impossible.
Last edited by kingfisher on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Strange anomaly between partition and a clone (LO)

Post by kingfisher »

Contrary to my expectations I have been able to correct the difference by changing an option in partition three. The setting was different on the two partitions and, moreover, the list of choices is different. The setting is Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View : User Interface : Icon Size and Style.

The tool bar icons are now the same on both partitions. The differences seem strange to me.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux