Encrypted file on encrypted disk

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
hermanvk

Encrypted file on encrypted disk

Post by hermanvk »

I seem to have a serious issue with an encrypted open office file, using on a computer with encrypted drive.

When opening this encrypted file, OO refuses to open it, claiming "The password is incorrect. The file cannot be opened".
I am 100% sure the password is correct.

I found the same file on another one of my computers, encrypted with the same password. I could open this file without any problem, using the correct password.

I copied this file to the encrypted drive and again, OO refuses to open it (as stated above).
Copied to same file to an unencrypted USB drive, still not able to open the file.

So I created a new test file, trying to save it with a password, and OO refuses to save it:"General Error. General input/output error"

As a last test I tried to upload some files (all password encrypted) to google drive, hoping that I could open them using the google readers. But google drive refuses to take the files: "This file could not be imported because it has been corrupted."

I am at a complete loss here....
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Debian Wheezy
hermanvk

Re: Encrypted file on encrypted disk

Post by hermanvk »

It looks like it is more an LVM issue then a OO issue. I did the following additional test:
Copied the password encrypted files to a USB stick; I could open them all on the non-encrypted computer (using the password). I inserted the USB stick on my encrypted computer and I cannot open any of them....

I use OO 4.0.1 on both computers.
hermanvk

Re: Encrypted file on encrypted disk

Post by hermanvk »

This error message: "General Error. General input/output error" is generated no matter whether I save it on my encrypted disk or on a non-encrypted USB stick.