Do not have "permission" to open or save files.

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
traw1ertrash

Do not have "permission" to open or save files.

Post by traw1ertrash »

I recently moved back to a windows 7 PC that I abandoned a year ago for an Ubuntu machine. I have a set of files in three formats (xlsx, ods, pdf) that were created on the Ubuntu machine with Libra Calc. I then moved these files to a folder on the Win 7 PC and installed Apache.

I am able to open the ODS files but when I try to save the file to a PDF format I get an error message saying that I do not have permission to save to that folder (the same folder that I opened the original ODS from) would you like to save to (user name) folder. I say yes then it saves correctly.

If I try to open an xlsx file from the same folder (or any folder for that mater) I get a message box saying that I do not have permission to open that file.

From reading previous posts I learned to check the properties of these files. They give fill rights to (User name) Phil. In fact the properties/security of all of the mentioned files is identical.

I can open/modify/save and close an ODS file.

OK, I just edited the security on one xlsx file in the given folder to include “everyone” and Apache opened it up.

I just edited the security of the folder to add “Everyone” and I can open the ODS and XLSX files and save as PDF's

So what is going on here? Am I some other user in Apache?
Open Office V 4.0.1 on Windows 7
mgroenescheij
Volunteer

Re: Do not have "permission" to open or save files.

Post by mgroenescheij »

And what are the properties of the directory?
AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10 Professional & MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.