[Solved] Crashes rapidly

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
hakperest

[Solved] Crashes rapidly

Post by hakperest »

I had changed autobackup period to one minute instead of 15 minute. After this manupluation it crashes rapidly may be crash each 2 or 3 minute. How can I do? How can I fix it? :ucrazy:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.0 on Ubuntu && Libre Office 4.1 on Ubuntu 12.4
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Crashes rapidly

Post by jrkrideau »

hakperest wrote:I had changed autobackup period to one minute instead of 15 minute. After this manupluation it crashes rapidly may be crash each 2 or 3 minute. How can I do? How can I fix it? :ucrazy:
Have you changed the autobackup period back to say 10 minutes?
Also try resetting the user profile
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Resetting the User Profile, as jrkrideau suggests, should return your Autosave interval to ten minutes.

I think ten minutes is about the best setting, though on very large files the Save process is so slow that the ten/twenty second lockout at that interval can be annoying. The best road is to make sure your computer is stable and doesn't crash.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

RoryOF wrote: The best road is to make sure your computer is stable and doesn't crash.
Assume a spherical cow :)
hakperest

Post by hakperest »

jrkrideau wrote:
RoryOF wrote: The best road is to make sure your computer is stable and doesn't crash.
My computer crash some times. Some crashes caused to find Linux instead of Windows. I am so satistified for escape from Windows. But I found that ppa installation of OO have some problems with Zetero and Mendley. Then I installed OO with downloaded files and crash problem has been solved.
I want to know how can I test my PC stability and what is the main cause of its crashes?
Thanks. :ouch:
OpenOffice 4.0 on Ubuntu && Libre Office 4.1 on Ubuntu 12.4
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

hakperest wrote:
jrkrideau wrote:
My computer crash some times. Some crashes caused to find Linux instead of Windows. I am so satistified for escape from Windows. But I found that ppa installation of OO have some problems with Zetero and Mendley. Then I installed OO with downloaded files and crash problem has been solved.
I want to know how can I test my PC stability and what is the main cause of its crashes?
Thanks. :ouch:
I'm not sure but depending on the ppa you may have been downloading the nighty version of the developmental version of AOO and some instability may be expected?